Thursday, January 15, 2009

Update on Ryan

Well, I haven't done this lately and I have heard that I need to. Ryan continues to do well in many areas. He is a happy, fun loving, energetic little boy (who is almost 3- how did that happen?). He talks non-stop, guess that is one thing he got from me! He learns new things everyday and continues to amaze us! He is eating and growing like crazy! He continues to go to physical therapy 2 times a week to work on areas that continue to be weaker. He has improved greatly from physical therapy already! Physical therapy works on his upper arm, trunk, and leg strength. He gets to do lots of fun things there and for the most part he likes going- somedays are better than others. He usually comes home tired. He is not liking his new braces right now and we are trying to improve that. He continues to be seizure free and off medication. We are working on potty training- somedays he does really well and others not so well. I don't believe his hypotonia has anything do with this, but it can cause problems in this area. I have found a hypotonia website that has given me a lot of helpful info and support. Ryan won't be having his genetic testing until March (soonest he can get in) and the results can take 4-8 weeks to get back.

No comments: