Wednesday, January 30, 2008
We had Ryan's neurology appt yesterday. Last time we were there the Dr. said he felt Ryan would "grow out" of his seizures by age 2, so I was hoping we would start weaning him off his med. Well, he told us yesterday that he wants to keep him on it for another year. I was really bummed. We go back to see him in 6 months (July) if no seizures than we make another appt. for 6 months later and have an EEG and then he will decide to take him off his med. He wants him to be on meds. for 18 months since that was how old he was when he had his "bad" seizure. At least I know he has been seizure free for 5 months now and that is the important part. I just wish we didn't have to drive 3 hours to meet with the Dr. for 5 minutes to find out nothing has changed.