Sunday, February 19, 2006

Birth Story



Here goes....Friday Feb. 17th- works sucks- I begged baby to come so I didn't have to work on Monday.
Saturday Feb. 18th- In the afternoon we were bored and decided to go to the mall. We walked around for hours. Got home and had supper. I fell asleep on the couch and woke up at 10pm to go to the bathroom. Barely got to the bathroom and my water broke. Ran and woke RJ up and told him get your bag packed! Stood up just in time and gushed all over the floor! I was only having mild contractions. Called the hospital and they told me to come in. Got to the hospital about 12:45 am- took my time getting there. I was dilated to 4 cm. They wanted to start pitocin, but I refused. At 4 am I started feeling nauseated and got my IV started. Woke RJ up to tell him I was getting my IV and he said "no thank you". He is such a dork! I was dilated to 6 cm. By 7:30 am I told RJ he better wake up because I am going to have a baby soon- he told me "just 30 minutes more". So, at 8am I was 10 cm and I woke RJ up again. I still had a little cervix to efface, so had to wait until 9am to push. 9am started to push. At 10:30am baby's head was delivered with a very tight cord around neck. Clamped the cord and I pushed with all I had and out came a baby boy at 10:32am. He was pale and not breathing right away. His apgar was 6 at 1 minute and 9 at 5 minutes. He weighed 7lbs. 10oz and was 20 inches long. We named him Ryan Richard. I had a natural delivery and was proud that I did it! Ryan had a large bruise on his head, but it went away by the next day. I can't imagine a day without him!

No comments: